[oe] [meta-system 1/2] systemd.bbclass: introduce SYSTEMD_AUTO_ENABLE variable

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 13 21:18:46 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Andreas Müller
> <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Currently all services introduced are enabled and started at installation. By
>> setting SYSTEMD_AUTO_ENABLE = "disable" the default behaviour can be
>> overridden.
>
> I like the idea but this might be nicer to have it by image; we could
> check, in postinst, for:
>
> $SYSTEMD_ENABLE at runtime, so we can set it in image file.

If I understand you correct, you suggest an image global for this?
>From my point of view we then put things together which we shouldn't.
For instance: my preferred next candidate would be gateone. Nice to
have on the machine but not mandatory to start at every boot. It takes
long time and is more a on demand thing. What do gateone and udisks
share in common?

Andreas