[oe] Some spare developer boards and other devices

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Sun Jul 15 21:15:49 UTC 2012

Hello

Few days ago I was unbricking my SheevaPlug and decided to do something
with developer boards (and other devices) which I own but do not use
anymore.

So idea is to give them for free (you cover DHL/UPS/FedEx posting costs)
for OpenEmbedded developers or Szluug users. I will not send outside of
European Union due to amount of papers to fill.

Prefer people with some contributions to open source projects and with
ideas what to do with this hardware (to not send it for staying in other
drawer).

The list is short:

1. Sim-One v1.3

Tech specs: Cirrus Logic EP9307 cpu (arm920t), 64MB ram, 8MB nand, VGA out.
In OpenEmbedded classic it was 'simone' machine.
Package contains: board, serial cable, probably also power supply.

http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2009/11/17/sim-one-0006-arrived/

2. Atmel AT91SAM9M10-EKES

Tech specs: AT91SAM9M10 cpu (arm926ejs), 64MB ram, wqvga screen
Not touched since I got it 2-3 years ago. Easy to support if not yet
supported.

3. ST-Ericsson NHK-15

Interesting board for someone who wants to be kernel hacker. 2.6.20-ste
kernel booted fine and supported everything (with binary blobs even
OpenGL/ES and audio/video encode/decode). Nearly no support in mainline
kernel anyway.

Tech specs: STn8815 cpu (arm926ejs), 64MB ram, WVGA screen
Package contains most of things I got with it:

http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2009/08/04/nhk15-arrived/

4. Openmoko GTA01bv3

One of 36 devices from Phase0 - so very low serial number. But also
serious battery problems. Device with 128MB microSD card. Should be
bootable.

http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2007/03/05/my-neo1973-has-been-sent/

5. Sharp Zaurus c760

My favourite model of Zaurus family. Also my first donation from user.
But I do not remember when last time I had it powered on so it only
takes space in a drawer. Will add original Sharp serial cable and maybe
bottom case for big and small battery (if find it somewhere). Also
802.11b prism2 card and other CF non-memory cards which will find.

http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2005/04/05/i-will-have-c760/

6. Nokia 770

You know - first Internet Tablet from Nokia. Got it for free:

http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2007/02/25/fosdem-2007/

7. Koala nano PC

486sx/300MHz in small case:

http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2009/02/20/does-vortex86sx-based-devices-are-worth-something/

Maybe someone will find use for it. May add 256MB compact flash card for
rootfs.

Other things someone may find useful:

- Sharp Zaurus SL-6000 docking station
- bricked TP-Link WR740N router