[oe] OpenEmbedded website

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Jul 27 12:43:35 UTC 2012

On Friday 27 July 2012 13:47:32 Andrea Adami wrote:
> after one year, I'd consider the transition to the oe-core development
> model concluded.
> Though, most people visiting the OpenEmbedded site do come on IRC or on the
> ML asking about oe-classic.
>
> Unfortunately, the infos and the whole wiki are misgiving: there should be
> immediate links to the oe-core model, to the layers, to the Yocto
> documentation.
>
> In my opinion, we should archive the old site and restart from scratch.
>
> How would you improve the current (embarrassing) situation?

Actually the more I think about it the more I agree we should just start from
scratch - move the current one to oldwiki.openembedded.org and start a brand
new one; move over content where appropriate and create new stuff for
everything else. Not only will it clear stale things out, but it should create
some impetus to fill the void with new up-to-date content.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton