[oe] libcurl and __isoc99_sscanf at GLIBC_2.7

Jaya Kumar jayakumar.lkml at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 02:00:04 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 7:28 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/7/2012 4:20 AM, Jaya Kumar wrote:
>> I was wondering if that is correct behavior? I don't have an
>> understanding of why sscanf seems to have a dependency on glibc
>> 2.7. I encountered this issue because I took the curl libs,
>> unpacked them in my metatoolchain libs, and then tried to link my
>> app against it and got:
>
> how did you build those curl libs ?

Hi Khem,

Thanks for your reply. I had built curl using OE, ie:
MACHINE=beagleboard bitbake curl. I figured out the source of my
problem. The meta-toolchain I had been using was using an older libc,
whereas my OE build (since I had used oebb.sh update) had switched to
using eglibc where the c99 extensions were present. So I switched to
using the prebuilt toolchain and everything works fine now.

Thanks,
jayakumar