[oe] a system var for a busybox utility

Rob rlimlaw at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 14:28:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this question. Please, respond
with the right list. I am new to this list and am not use to this type of
forum. I have been implementing and maintaining an openembedded/bitbake
build system, so I have knowledge in some areas and I am a noob in others.
I have looked around the code, but have not seen a possiblility.

Are there any macros/keywords in the recipes/conf files like
IMAGE_LOGIN_MANAGER for configuring the utils in busybox? tinylogin can be
replaced by busybox. I have some recipes that have a dependency on bzip2. I
would like to use the busybox version without having to use
update-alternatives. For example UTILITY_BZIP2="busybox, if such a
mechanism exists.