[oe] [meta-ti] ti81xx-psp-linux-2.6.37: broken kernel with gcc > 4.5

Thilo Fromm fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Tue Jun 19 14:43:26 UTC 2012

Hello Roger,

>> > Wait wait wait, according to drivers/staging/tidspbridge/Kconfig we
>> > need OMAP_MBOX_FWK (i.e. "the mailbox") in order to use the DSP
>> > bridge. Disabling it would mean cutting off our DSP. No way.
>>
>> Are you actually using dspbridge? Or are you using dsplink or syslink?

>> calling it nowadays.
>> >
>> > We're on a "TI DaVinci DM8148", featuring a cortex-a8 combined with
>> > a C674x DSP.
>>
>> So a centaurus family SoC.
>
> Can you put some printk's in omap_mbox_register (plat-omap/mailbox.c) to print the list objects, in particular the mbox->name?
>
> Would also be useful to see the same in omap_mbox_get() before the call to strcmp().

So did you put your printks in there and then run the code? Were you
able to reproduce the issue?

Regards,
Thilo

--
Dipl.-Ing (FH) Thilo Fromm, MSc., Embedded Systems Architect
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Tel: +49 (30) 515 932 228   mailto:fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 (30) 515 932 77    http://www.dresearch.de
Amtsgericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 130120 B
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058
Geschäftsführer: Dr. M. Weber, W. Mögle