[oe] New meta-xen layer

Raymond Danks ray.danks at se-eng.com
Fri Jun 22 21:12:42 UTC 2012

I have constructed a layer for the purpose of building Xen in
OpenEmbedded.  Xen is a hypervisor and associated tools running on Linux
available as a package in distributions such as Ubuntu and Fedora.  It
is also modified and included in the rpm-based Xen Cloud Platform
distribution and Citrix XenServer.

This layer currently includes recipes and recipe modifications for
building xen, libvirt, and a minimal xen image that may be used for
launching virtual machines via the xl command line interface.  This
currently targets the x86 Xen host (OE target) architecture; development
has been done entirely on x86_64.

I'm open to receiving feedback, patches and suggestions.  Also, I'm
curious if this layer may be published to the OpenEmbedded layer index
and by what process that should be achieved?

meta-xen|Xen related software||git://git.se-eng.com/meta-xen.git|
http://git.se-eng.com/gitweb/?p=meta-xen.git;a=summary|

Thanks,
Ray

Raymond Danks