[oe] Missing kernel modules in OE 2011.03

Ulf Samuelsson openembedded at emagii.com
Wed Jun 27 20:07:16 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-27 13:06, Hauser, Wolfgang (external) wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> For some reason, some kernel modules are not present in the rootfs.
>> Others are present.
> have you added the according kernel module packages to your image to be
> installed ?
No,  I made a derivative of an image, I got from a customer,
which apparently did not include "kernel-modules".
If I add that to the image, I get the stuff I want.

Wasn't aware that you need to include that in an image.
Thought this was simply bitbake magic.

Is there ever a case when you do not want to have the modules
that you so cunningly configured for your kernel build???

What I find strange  is that some modules are there, but not others.
I guess that some package, adds that outside the kernel...

BR
Ulf Samuelsson