[oe] meta-oe breakage since oe-core removed gcc-4.6

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 17:40:41 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 03:06:29PM +0200, Thilo Fromm wrote:
> Hi meta-openembedded maintainers,
>
> meta-openembedded buid is currently broken since oe-core removed
> recipes for gcc-4.6, and meta-oe has .bbappends for several gcc 4.6
> recipes now unavailable in oe-core.
>
> No matter what's meta-oe's plan to handle this (i.e. move gcc-4.6 into
> meta-oe/toolchain-layer completely vs. remove gcc 4.6 .bbappends
> altogether), the current state - having the .bbappends in meta-oe and
> no original recipes anymore in oe-core - breaks the build. Is this
> going to change anytime soon? In either way?

khem's patches which removed it from oe-core said:
gcc-4.6: Retire into toochain-layer

so I guess he has some patches adding whole recipes to toolchain-layer
(I had a feeling that I've even seen them somewhere, but cannot find
them later).

So for now I've removed all .bbappends as I'm using gcc-4.7.1 anyway.

you can cherry-pick this one for now:
http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded-contrib/commit/?h=shr&id=a31c882c8e336b9ffaa00c074fc24da50deb83a7

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com