[oe] bitbake dependency cache problem

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Mon Mar 5 07:55:55 UTC 2012

On 01.03.2012 14:46, Steffen Sledz wrote:
> I'm working with oe-classic and BitBake Build Tool Core version 1.12.0, bitbake version 1.12.0.
>
> Because of some special development requirements we like to generate the Package Version from the SVN Revision (not the Last Changed Rev!) of the bitbake recipe in the local workspace.
>
> Therefor the recipe contains this:
>
> ---------------->snip<-----------------
> PR = "r8"
> PV = "svnr${@svn_revision(d)}"
>
> inherit svn-helper
> ---------------->snip<-----------------
>
> The svn-helper.bbclass contains a little helper function to determine the needed value:
>
> ---------------->snip<-----------------
> def svn_revision(d):
>      import subprocess
>      bbpath = os.path.dirname(bb.data.getVar('FILE',d,1))
>      return subprocess.check_output(["svn", "info", bbpath]).partition("Revision: ")[2].splitlines()[0]
> ---------------->snip<-----------------
>
> After this changes i make a first build and everything works fine. Assuming the SVN Revsion is 42 a package called foo-svnr42-r8.ipk is generated.
>
> Now i make an "svn update" inside the workspace and the SVN Revision increases to 66.
>
> A call of "bitbake foo" now results in an "Tasks Summary: Attempted 1182 tasks of which 1182 didn't need to be rerun and 0 failed." an no new ipg is generated. :(
>
> The log generated by "bitbake -DDDDDvvvvv foo" contains
>
> ---------------->snip<-----------------
> DEBUG: providers for foo are: ['foo']
> NOTE: checking PREFERRED_PROVIDER_foo
> NOTE: checking PREFERRED_PROVIDER_foo-svnr42
> NOTE: checking PREFERRED_PROVIDER_foo-svnr42-r8
> ---------------->snip<-----------------
>
> Why does bitbake not respects the new PV and generates a foo-svnr66-r8.ipk here???

Ping!

Can anyone of the bitbake gurus lease give a feedback here?

Thx,
Steffen

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058