[oe] login problem

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Mon Mar 12 16:11:14 UTC 2012

Hi Cliff,

Le Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:50:52 -0500,
Cliff Brake <cliff.brake at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I have a customer who would prefer to use sysvinit (over systemd), so
> I'm trying various non-systemd images.  core-image-minimal built with
> recent oe-core, meta-oe, and meta-angstrom is giving me the following
> when I try to log in:
>
> beagleboard login: root
> login: no valid shadow password
>
> Wondering if anyone else has tried this recently, and should it work?
> Are we still trying to keep sysvinit images working in Angstrom?

with this :
IMAGE_INSTALL += "angstrom-task-boot dropbear initscripts"

IMAGE_LOGIN_MANAGER = "shadow"
IMAGE_DEV_MANAGER = "busybox-mdev"
IMAGE_INIT_MANAGER = "sysvinit sysvinit-pidof"
IMAGE_INITSCRIPTS = "initscripts"

IMAGE_INSTALL += "\
	task-boot \
	${IMAGE_INITSCRIPTS} \
	${IMAGE_DEV_MANAGER} \
	${IMAGE_INIT_MANAGER} \
	${IMAGE_LOGIN_MANAGER} \
	..."

it works fine here (oe-core + meta-oe + meta-angstrom)

Eric
--
http://eukrea.com/en/news/104-2012