[oe] foreign repository

Jaap de Jong jaap.dejong at nedap.com
Mon Mar 26 12:05:36 UTC 2012

Thanks!

It was never my intention to create new recipes for all the packages
that are in this foreign repository.
I would have to update every 2 weeks or so to keep in sync with that
repository.
Don't want that!

I only want to install the package that is in that repository and its
dependencies.

This is what I did.
Added the foreign repository in: angstrom-feed-configs.bbappend
So with 'opkg update' it is read.
Created an empty 'placeholder' recipe for the package to include.
When I bitbake my image this empty package is included in the rootfs.
Now i only have to 'opkg update/upgrade' to get the actual packages in.
This is by far the easiest solution (I think...)

Thanks again!
Jaap