[oe] Simultaneous build of two intree packages

Radek Dostal rd at radekdostal.com
Mon May 7 12:33:55 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 06:02 -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2012-05-07 05:54, Radek Dostal wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I have three intree recipes A, B and C which are part of the same layer.
> > =>  B depends on A
> > =>  C depends on A.
> >
> > There is no dependency between B and C. Only important thing is that B
> > and C are not build simultaneously. This is not a problem unless I use
> > configure BB_NUMBER_THREADS>  1. Than builds B and C starts to collide
> > and produce mess because they are both intree builds.
>
> What are you doing that makes these clash?

usually it crashes during "ln -sf target dest" which is executed
simultaneously with same parameters for both builds. There are other
issues as well in addition to this ln issue.

> > Is there something like a mutex/lock mechanism in openembedded-core,
> > which would forbid two recipes to be build simultaneously?
>
> Just make C depend on B

I have already considered this, but unfortunately I also have
configurations where only B is included or where only C is included :(

Thanks,
Radek