[oe] [oe-core] Prefix in rpms packages

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Mon May 7 17:43:36 UTC 2012

On 5/7/12 5:30 AM, Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> after having built my own image, I've looked at the resultant rpms under
> the deploy directory and I saw
> no relocation is possible (rpm -qpli<package>). This because Prefix is not
> set during spec file creation
> (package_rpm.bbclass).
> As far as you know, is it possible to set Prefix somehow?

What type of packages are you trying to relocate?

For target packages I don't expect that it would ever work.  The items built by
the build system often have internal paths and expectations.

For SDK packages (i.e. things that run on the host), it might be possible to
make them relocatable, but it would be specific to those style packages.  (Any
relocatable package has to have the inbuilt knowledge to move and change
configuration files as necessary.  Also you have to have the right set of
packages to install into the environment and such.  I don't believe we use RPM
to install any native/SDK packages today.)

--Mark