[oe] Disable GNU Hash check ?

Ulf Samuelsson openembedded at emagii.com
Tue May 8 21:08:19 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-06 11:08, Hauser, Wolfgang (external) wrote:
> Thanks for that hint, but it is
>
> INSANE_SKIP_${PN} = True
> INSANE_SKIP_${PN}-dev = True
> INSANE_SKIP_${PN}-dbg = True
>
> That solves the problem.
>
> Regards
> Wolfgang

Had this problem with a source package containing both a kernel driver
and applications.
The GNU Hash problem occured on the applications but not on the kernel
modules.

The way it works, is that you create a configuration file, and then call
make without parameters
so you build both the kernel and the apps in one step.

Added         TARGET_CC_ARCH+="${LDFLAGS}", as recommended in some
mails, without effect.

Adding

INSANE_SKIP_${PN} = True
INSANE_SKIP_${PN}-dev = True
INSANE_SKIP_${PN}-dbg = True

makes the symptom go away.

The core of the recipe is:
inherit module

EXTRA_OEMAKE = ' \
         KLIB=${STAGING_KERNEL_DIR} \
         KLIB_BUILD=${STAGING_KERNEL_DIR} \
         KERNEL_VERSION=${KERNEL_VERSION} \
         TARGET_CC_ARCH+="${LDFLAGS}" \
         '

do_compile () {
         unset CFLAGS CPPFLAGS CXXFLAGS LDFLAGS CC LD CPP
         oe_runmake
}

While the kernel modules seems to build OK,
I have a feeling that it is not right to build the applications this way
and this is why I get the error messages.

I'd rather fix the root cause than do the workaround,
but splitting up the build into two steps is really not supported by the
package.

Would appreciate some comments.

--
Best Regards