[oe] oe-made-easy and Getting Started

Lloyd Chang lloydchang at gmail.com
Wed May 9 21:02:28 UTC 2012

Hello fellow openembedded-devel members!

I'm sharing because you may find this useful -- especially newcomers
to our OE-Core.  In my personal efforts in condensing our Getting
Started documentation succinctly, I codified it into one line:

    git clone git://github.com/lloydchang/oe-made-easy.git;
./oe-made-easy/core-image-minimal

User interface design wise, my intent of this one liner is to allow
everyone getting started to easily bootstrap core-image-minimal onto
various computers (before diving into details).  If our community
consensus finds oe-made-easy useful, please let me know and I'll start
updating our openembedded.org wiki pages to reference this one liner
or equivalent.

And if you personally find oe-made-easy useful, feel free to test it
further, fork it and/or send me pull requests via
https://github.com/lloydchang/oe-made-easy

(for now, oe-made-easy is defaulting to qemux86_64, qemux86 and qemuarm targets)

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks :-)

Lloyd