[oe] autotools + native ends up with no include in sysroots

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Tue May 15 08:49:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm running a project using OE-classic.

I have a recipe (call it xxx) that uses autotools and builds a package successfully for target. This recipe uses a custom do_install to extract relevant files from the source, e.g. include files for the dev package.

I have now tried to build a native version by creating a new xxx-native recipe that requires the xxx recipe and inherits native (something that have worked well for other recipes). This recipe also builds without errors and I get working executables and libraries under sysroots but there are no include files...

I have tried to decipher the log files and native and autotools classes and found that my custom do_install is simply ignored when building for native.

Is there a way to convince the native build to use my do_install?
Any other advice how to proceed?

Thanks && BR // Mats