[oe] meta-games layer

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue May 15 09:35:36 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 15 May 2012 03:02:08 Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> Do you maintain any kind of list of freely available recipes provided
> by third parties? If I need some library for which there is no recipe
> in openembedded-core or meta-openembedded, I'd like to check if
> someone else has already made it and not to reinvent the Wheel myself.
>
> I found layers list http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/LayerIndex . Is
> there some criteria what layers are accepted to that list? I just
> wonder if I should/could add my new project to provide basic recipes
> for some open source games, called meta-games layer (
> https://github.com/cazfi/meta-games ), to that list.

The only real criteria would be that there's someone willing to maintain the
layer; the layer has a reasonably well-defined purpose (i.e. not just "bob's
miscellaneous recipes"), and doesn't overlap too much with other existing
layers assuming the existing layers are well-maintained.

meta-games looks like it definitely qualifies - I've added it to the layer
index. Thanks!

Cheers,
Paul

--