[oe] Where do I override DISTRO_FEATURES?

Thilo Fromm fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Wed May 16 08:34:30 UTC 2012

Hello, Denys,

>> > I'm trying to remove an element from DISTRO_FEATURES (specifically
>> > "ld-is-gold"), but I am unable to find the right spot to do it. The
>> > distribution we're using (Angstrom, as it happens) sets this in
>> > conf/distro/angstrom-v2012.x.conf. My machine configuration is the
>> > wrong spot to modify DISTRO_FEATURES, since it will be processed
>> > first. local.conf is not working, too.
>> >
>> > So could anybody please tell me where I need to put my
>> >
>> > DISTRO_FEATURES = "${@'${DISTRO_FEATURES}}'.replace('ld-is-gold',  '')}"
>> >
>> > so it applies for the build?
>>
>> Unfortunately such hacks only work for variables that are not set within the
>> distro configuration, which is applied after local.conf.
>
> Well, while still being an ugly hack, this should still be possible using
> local overrides... I.e. VAR_local in OE or VAR_forcevariable in OE-core/Yocto.
> You may need to use immediate assignment to avoid circular dependency, though.

Actually it would be easiest for me if the last 5 lines of
https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/meta-angstrom/blob/master/conf/distro/angstrom-v2012.x.conf
would not be

DISTRO_FEATURES += "${LDISGOLD}"
LDISGOLD_arm = "ld-is-gold"
LDISGOLD_x86 = "ld-is-gold"
LDISGOLD_x86_64 = "ld-is-gold"
LDISGOLD = ""

but instead be

DISTRO_FEATURES += "${LDISGOLD}"
LDISGOLD_arm ?= "ld-is-gold"
LDISGOLD_x86 ?= "ld-is-gold"
LDISGOLD_x86_64 ?= "ld-is-gold"
LDISGOLD ?= ""

But anyways, I decided to fix the gcc-4.5-cross-initial build.

Regards,
Thilo

--
Dipl.-Ing (FH) Thilo Fromm, MSc., Embedded Systems Architect
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Tel: +49 (30) 515 932 228   mailto:fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 (30) 515 932 77    http://www.dresearch.de
Amtsgericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 130120 B
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058
Geschäftsführer: Dr. M. Weber, W. Mögle