[oe] [toolchain-layer][pull-request] Remove old toolchain recipes

Thilo Fromm fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Wed May 16 10:50:32 UTC 2012

Hello *.*,

> Khem Raj (3):
>      eglibc-2.12: Remove
>      binutils-2.20: Remove
>      gcc-4.5: Remove

Removing gcc-4.5 would kill Texas Instruments DaVinci (dm814x, dm816x)
support. You only get a heavily patched 2.6.37 kernel from TI for
these (linux-ti81xx-psp_2.6.37). Unfortunately gcc >= 4.6 is unable to
build a kernel which boots for these platforms. After

Uncompressing linux ... booting the kernel

there is silence. We can reproduce this reliably on a ti8148-evm
development board. My best guess is it's because of an ancient kernel
being compiled with a very recent GCC.

Regards,
Thilo

--
Dipl.-Ing (FH) Thilo Fromm, MSc., Embedded Systems Architect
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Tel: +49 (30) 515 932 228   mailto:fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 (30) 515 932 77    http://www.dresearch.de
Amtsgericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 130120 B
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058
Geschäftsführer: Dr. M. Weber, W. Mögle