[oe] meta-systemd

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Thu May 17 20:18:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:

> Op 17-05-12 15:07, Andreas Müller schreef:
>> Hi
>>
>> happy to see this happen I have few questions on what is planned.
>>
>> In README is written:
>>
>>> And we're working to break the dependency on this one:
>>>
>>> URI: git://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded
>>
>> Maybe it is a misunderstanding but I would expect for contents of this
>> layer
>>
>> * systemd.bbclass * all from meta-oe/recipes-core/systemd * bbappends for
>> all recipes with systemd support.
>>
>> Is this correct?
>
> Correct. The bbappends will likely cause dependencies on non-oecore layers,
> but so be it. We might need to set the unbreak-me flag for missing bb files
> that match our bbappends.
> Unless people actually start reporting the bugs they encounter by including
> meta-oe...
Two more questions:

1. Has anybody patches in queue to fill meta-systemd? If not I would
stand up to prepare some.
2. Any complaints against the original idea to RRECOMMEND *-systemd
package as suggested [1] to avoid *-systemd packages in tasks/images.
AFAICR this was NAKed because a distro-var was necessary.

Andreas

[1] http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2012-February/037750.html