[oe] Where do I override DISTRO_FEATURES?

Thilo Fromm fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Fri May 18 07:42:08 UTC 2012

Hello Mike,

> Dear Thilo, Anyone else,
> How did you get oe-core/Angstrom-v2012x to build a working system using a 2.6.37 kernel?
> I'm in a similar position using TI AM3517. The latest angstrom is built around systemd which requires a 2.6.38 or better kernel.
> I've had to reluctantly revert back to oe-classic and angstrom 2011.03.
> Any hints on getting oe-core/Angstrom-v2012x working with a 2.6.37 kernel would be great.

Angstrom uses linux-libc-headers-3.2 for user space ABI. It's a rather
dangerous hack, but it enables you to use 2.6.37 with a state of the
art user space. If you're curious just take a look at
<https://github.com/DFE/HidaV>, that's our layer stack. The wiki has
some documentation, too:
<https://github.com/DFE/HidaV/wiki/Hidav-oe-layers>.

Basically we use everything from meta-ti, meta-oe + meta-angstrom, and
oe-core (let's not talk about meta-java ;) ). We just stick it
together in meta-hidav, and so far angstrom-v2012.x works for us.

Regards,
Thilo

--
Dipl.-Ing (FH) Thilo Fromm, MSc., Embedded Systems Architect
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Tel: +49 (30) 515 932 228   mailto:fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 (30) 515 932 77    http://www.dresearch.de
Amtsgericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 130120 B
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058
Geschäftsführer: Dr. M. Weber, W. Mögle