[oe] [meta-ti] ti81xx-psp-linux-2.6.37: broken kernel with gcc > 4.5

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Mon May 21 14:55:37 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 10:22:15AM +0200, Eric B?nard wrote:
> Hi Denys,
>
> Le Fri, 18 May 2012 17:48:33 -0400,
> Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org> a ?crit :
> > Netra and Centaurus are internal codenames for the SoC families behind those
> > part numbers Koen mentioned above. Those codenames are not publicly advertised
> > and Koen is just showing off after being on the inside... :) :-P
> >
> these names were already dislosed on TI's website, for example :
> http://focus.ti.com/asia/download/1105-techday-abstracts-tw.pdf
> http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/DM814x_AM387x_PSP_Flashing_Tools_Guide
>
> and are even in your slides where I first saw them ;-)
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/images/b/b3/Meta-ti.pdf

Good catch, but I didn't say they were secret :) I only said they were not
advertised or marketed as official platform names. You can always find those
references deep inside the code in several places...

So, it's understandable that customers may not know them, but it's fine to use
those references among the developers.

--
Denys