[oe] Install SDKs for multiple machines in parallel

Julian Pietron julian at whisper-net.de
Sat May 26 19:00:59 UTC 2012

Hallo,

while switching from OE classic to OE-core, some questions arised
concerning SDK generation in OE-core. In OE-Classic, I used to set
SDKPATH so that each of my machines (I have several different machines I
need to build my distribution for) had its separate directory under
/opt/sdk/<mymachine>, so that all files belonging to the toolchain were
installed there. The advantage of this configuration was, that I could
have bitbake create a debian package for the toolchain for each machine
and install these toolchain packages for different machines at the same
time, because there were no file collisions.
In OE-core, however, I realized that setting SDKPATH my usual
configuration wouldn't work out because there are the
nativesdk-packages, that seem to be machine-independent. So what I'd
need would be a way to split the generated toolchain into the nativesdk
path that is the same for each machine, and the cross-compiler, sysroot
etc. that is different for each machine, so that I'd be able to install
them as separate debian packages.
How would one do this with OE-Core?

Thanks for your suggestions,
Julian