[oe] netperf in meta-networking

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Fri Nov 30 16:18:34 UTC 2012

I was helping someone with building netperf from meta-networking last night, and
stumbled on what I think is a bug.

SUMMARY = "A networking benchmarking tool"
DESCRIPTION = "Network performance benchmark including tests for TCP, UDP,
sockets, ATM and more."
SECTION = "console/network"
HOMEPAGE = "http://www.netperf.org/"
LICENSE = "netperf"
LICENSE_FLAGS = "commercial"

In the above, the LICENSE_FLAGS are set to 'commercial'.  I think this is
incorrect.  It should be set to 'non-commercial'.

There is a subtle difference between them which is why I think it's a bug...

commercial -- there are some commercial requirements necessary to use this
recipe in a commercial device... you are responsible for understanding them and
doing whatever is necessary... (for non-commercial devices you can likely use it...)

non-commercial -- this item is restricted to non-commercial users only.  As in
the case of netperf, the license says it's only for non-commercial use.

So anyway, my suggestion is to simply change the value of the flag.

--Mark