[oe] yocto 1.3 branch for meta-openembedded layers, RFC wanted.

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 13:26:46 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 08:11:29AM -0500, Philip Balister wrote:
> On 10/25/2012 06:55 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > We need a branch to track oe-core 'danny' and I am swamped till ELC-E
> > happens, so I would like to hold off on patches that make meta-oe layers
> > incompatible with oe-core 'danny'.
> >
> > As for branch maintenance: any volunteers for managing the meta-openembedded
> > 'danny' branches? There doesn't need to be a single maintainer, but it would
> > be nice to have one person coordinating everything, even if it's just
> > pulling in danny-next branches from the layer maintainers every week or so.
> >
> > As I said above, I'm swamped for the next 3 weeks, so can people who have
> > used or are using the 'denzil' branch weigh in with feedback/anecdotes/etc?
> > I have such a document for oe-core 'denzil', which I keep failing to send
> > out, but it boils down to "better predictability for merge windows". Please
> > share your experience for meta-oe here.
>
> What is happening on this front? Since oe-core dropp qt-4.8.1, builds
> including meta-oe are now broken.

And meta-oe needs to have
http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/38519/
applied also for danny (even with my last question still not answered).

But without it at least navit lost gypsy and some other layers could
also assume that gypsy is somewhere in oe-core+meta-oe.

> If the branch maintainers are not ready to go, we need to apply patches
> that fix builds, even if thy break compatibility with Danny.

In worst case danny branch can be created from revision before qt4-4.8.1
bbappends are dropped.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com