[oe] sstate-cache

Jaap de Jong jaap.dejong at nedap.com
Fri Nov 23 13:54:34 UTC 2012

On 11/22/2012 03:56 PM, Jaap de Jong wrote:
> I have a handful of openembedded clones on a single machine and I would
> like to use as little diskspace as possible, so I'm wondering if it is
> possible to share the directory build/sstate-cache among these different
> clones?

To be a bit more precise, these are the variables to work with:

SSTATE_DIR ?= "${TOPDIR}/sstate-cache"
SSTATE_MIRRORS ?= "\
file://.* http://someserver.tld/share/sstate/ \n \
file://.* file:///some/local/dir/sstate/"

Does every clone (which might be translated at the same time) has to
have its own local SSTATE_DIR?
Or is it ok to point every clone to one single directory, like:
SSTATE_DIR ?= "${HOME}/sstate-cache"?
Or should I use SSTATE_MIRRORS for that purpose?

Thanks!
Jaap