[oe] AUTOREV problems

Seth Bollinger seth.boll at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 12:40:40 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I've been having some serious problems trying to get my image to rebuild
recipes when their upstream repositories have changed.  I have SRCREV =
${AUTOREV} in my recipe and in bitbake -e I see these 2 lines:
# SRCREV=${AUTOREV}
SRCREV="AUTOINC"

I've found BB_SRCREV_POLICY and I've set that explicitly to clear, even
though that seems to be the default.  Auto didn't seem to work, even though
it looks like it should from the code.

When I try rebuilding my recipe, it seems to find that everything is cached
and doesn't even attempt the fetch, even though I know the repository has
changed (that's the reason I want to rebuild :)).  I've tried whacking
tmp/cache/*, but that didn't help.  I tried whacking the stamp for
do_fetch.  That didn't help unless I explicitly built using the "fetch"
command, then it at least appeared to fetch.  However, when I tried to
build the image after that, it didn't try to rebuild the recipe that had
just fetched.

The only way I could get it to rebuild was to cleansstate on the recipe and
then rebuild the image.  I assume this isn't the way it should be working.

1.  What is the expected operation of bitbake builds for recipes using
autorev?
2.  How can I get my autorev recipes to rebuild when their repositories
change?
3.  If this is working for everyone else, how can I find what I have
screwed up?  :)

Thanks,

Seth