[oe] OE Changelog since 2012-10-14 until 2012-10-21

cliff.brake at gmail.com cliff.brake at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 14:45:16 UTC 2012

Changelog since 2012-10-14 until 2012-10-21.  Projects included in this report:

bitbake: git://git.openembedded.org/bitbake
openembedded-core: git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core
meta-openembedded: git://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded
meta-smartphone: http://git.shr-project.org/repo/meta-smartphone.git
meta-micro: git://git.openembedded.org/meta-micro
meta-slugos: git://github.com/kraj/meta-slugos
meta-nslu2: git://github.com/kraj/meta-nslu2
meta-intel: git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-intel
meta-handheld: git://git.openembedded.org/meta-handheld
meta-opie: git://git.openembedded.org/meta-opie
openembedded: git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded
meta-bug: git://github.com/buglabs/meta-bug.git
meta-efikamx: git://github.com/kraj/meta-efikamx.git
meta-gumstix: git://gitorious.org/schnitzeltony-oe-meta/meta-gumstix.git
meta-ettus: http://github.com/koenkooi/meta-ettus.git
meta-fsl-ppc: git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-fsl-ppc
meta-igep: http://github.com/ebutera/meta-igep.git
meta-netbookpro: git://github.com/tworaz/meta-netbookpro
meta-xilinx: git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-xilinx
meta-chicken: git://github.com/OSSystems/meta-chicken
meta-java: git://github.com/woglinde/meta-java
meta-qt3: git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-qt3
meta-telephony: git://gitorious.org/sysmocom-openembedded/meta-telephony.git
meta-ti: git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-ti
meta-angstrom: git://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/meta-angstrom.git
meta-browser: git://github.com/OSSystems/meta-browser.git
meta-mono: git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-mono.git
meta-raspberrypi: git://github.com/djwillis/meta-raspberrypi.git
meta-kde: git://gitorious.org/openembedded-core-layers/meta-kde.git
meta-yocto: git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-yocto
meta-webos: git://github.com/openwebos/meta-webos.git
meta-arago: git://arago-project.org/git/meta-arago.git
meta-ivi: git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-ivi
meta-systemd: git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-systemd
meta-guacamayo: git://github.com/Guacamayo/meta-guacamayo.git
meta-beagleboard: git://github.com/beagleboard/meta-beagleboard.git

Changelog for bitbake:

Changelog for openembedded-core:

Andrei Dinu (1):
  gypsy: removed gypsy from meta/recipes-connectivity

Andy Ross (1):
  sysklogd: fix update-rc.d handling

Bogdan Marinescu (1):
  sanity.bbclass: trigger network tests explicitly

Bruce Ashfield (1):
  kernel.bbclass: remove explicit version.h target

Colin Walters (1):
  Add packagegroup-core-buildessential

Constantin Musca (1):
  libnss-mdns: fix mDNS resolving speed

Daniel Stone (2):
  libdrm: Bump git recipe to latest 2.4.39+ revision
  libdrm: Add --disable-cairo-tests switch and update to upstream patch

Evade Flow (2):
  Move 'tag=' to SRCREV in btrfs-tools recipe
  Move 'tag=' to SRCREV in mtd-utils recipe

Joe Slater (1):
  chkconfig: pass CFLAGS to Makefile

Marcin Juszkiewicz (9):
  siteinfo.bbclass: add AArch64 support
  kernel-arch.bblass: add AArch64 support
  insane.bbclass: add AArch64 support
  openssl: add AArch64 support
  util-linux: add AArch64 support
  packagegroups: disable kexec, valgrind, lttng, systemtap on AArch64
  pcmanfm: mark AArch64 as compatible
  gnu-config: update to 2012.08.14 to get support for AArch64 architecture
  packagegroup-self-hosted: recommend kernel modules instead of depending on t

Martin Jansa (4):
  qt4: use extra variable for more QT_CONFIG_FLAGS fragments
  PACKAGES_DYNAMIC: use regexp not glob
  PACKAGES_DYNAMIC: use += instead of = in most cases
  kernel.bbclass: add kernel-modules to PACKAGES

Otavio Salvador (1):
  buildhistory.bbclass: Fix hostname print for 'No changes' case

Paul Eggleton (1):
  local.conf.sample: add PATH to SSTATE_MIRRORS comments

Phil Blundell (11):
  cpan_build: Unify directory layout for native and target builds
  gettext: Remove spurious-looking dependencies on libxml2-native
  kernel.bbclass, module.bbclass: Make update-modules optional
  module.bbclass: Move do_make_scripts() to module-base
  strace: Don't package strace-graph
  recipe_sanity: Don't bother checking LICENSE
  gtk-doc.bbclass: Run gtkdocize in ${S} not ${B}
  insane: Rationalise phdrs-based QA checks
  insane: Don't try to run objdump on symlinks
  lib/oe/qa: Trap exceptions when running objdump
  gconf: Avoid error when trying to delete files that don't exist

Richard Purdie (22):
  libc-package: Drop bogus replacement operation
  package: Recommend virtual-locale-*, don't depend on it
  pkgconfig: Drop automatic pkgconfig RDEPENDS
  libtool: Ensure the paths to sed are not hardcoded
  scipts/combo-layer: Fix check_rev_branch() for cases where the revision is o
  sstate: Use -m option to tar when unpacking sstate
  qemu: Explicitly disable bluez, its not in DEPENDS
  console-tools: Clean up recipe
  gettext: Add config.rpath and Makefile.in.in to gettext-minimal-native
  kexec-tools: Add dependency on xz
  diffutils: Remove rather bizzare gettext macros
  texi2html: Add check for directory existence
  scripts/cp-noerror: Copy the code from shutils.copytree, update not to error
  scripts/cp-noerror: Try and use hardlinks if possible
  autotools: Fix race over aclocal macro directory
  autotools.bbclass: Fix gettext macro versions issues
  autotools: Use STAGING_DATADIR_NATIVE for config.rpath
  grep: Fix gplv2 version to work with recent gettext
  sed: Fix gplv2 version to work with recent gettext
  diffutils: Fix gplv2 version to work with recent gettext
  bison: Fix gplv2 version to work with recent gettext
  console-tools: Fix build issues with make 3.82

Robert Yang (1):
  perl: fix dependecies

Ross Burton (17):
  xf86-input-evdev: bump to latest release
  xf86-video-fbdev: bump to 0.4.3
  xf86-input-keyboard: upgrade to 1.6.2
  xserver-xorg: upgrade to 1.11.4
  xf86-video-intel: bump to latest release
  mesa: remove mesa-dri dependency in mesa-dri-dev
  mesa: remove libegl-dbg, put all debugging into mesa-dri-dbg
  xorg: remove XTrap
  xserver-xorg: use INC_PR in PR
  xorg: remove all traces of XPrint
  libxfont: remove spurious dependency on fontcacheproto
  xorg: remove fontcache support
  xorg: remove xf86rushproto
  xorg-proto: remove evieext
  pulseaudio: add missing switch-on-port-available dependency to the server
  ia32-base.inc: don't depend on mesa-dri
  sstate: when warnings about sysroot overwrites, say what the recipe was

Saul Wold (9):
  insane.conf: add new libexec test
  qemu: add libexecdir to configure call
  lttng-tools: skip new libexec insane test
  bitbake.conf: change libexecdir to ${libdir}/${BPN}
  build-appliance: ensure zip file is linked locally
  perf: set the perfexecdir
  qemu: don't ignore libexecdir in configure
  sato-icon-theme: update mapping program location
  gnome-icon-theme: update mapping program location

Thomas Kristensen (1):
  populate_sdk_base.bbclass: Make it possible to override the create_shar meth

Vladimir Zapolskiy (1):
  lttng: support more compatible hosts

Changelog for meta-openembedded:

Andreas Müller (2):
  glade3: initial add 3.8.2
  libxfce4ui: add glade package

Jack Mitchell (1):
  hiawatha: add initial 8.5 recipe and associated files

Marcin Juszkiewicz (1):
  mysql: start at runlevel 5 not S

Martin Jansa (5):
  PACKAGES_DYNAMIC: use regexp not glob
  mcnavi: remove myslq_config include path work around
  ecore: drop libxputil from DEPENDS
  libxaw: drop libxp and printproto from DEPENDS
  mcnavi: move from meta-oe to meta-efl

Otavio Salvador (1):
  xbmc: Fix serveral build errors and install missing dependencies

Paul Eggleton (7):
  modphp: fix rpath QA issue
  modphp: make LICENSE more accurate
  libc-client: correct LICENSE
  rrdtool: add pango to DEPENDS
  libnice: tidy up meta variables
  iso-codes: set SUMMARY
  modphp: call gnu-configize in do_configure

Philip Balister (2):
  fuse : Update to version 2.9.2.
  sshfs-fuse : Import recipe from Openembedded Classic.

Samuel Stirtzel (1):
  Maliit: Add initial recipes

Changelog for meta-smartphone:

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli (2):
  meta-openmoko: linux-gta04: bump SRCREV.
  meta-shr: Distro(shr.conf): enable alsa.

Martin Jansa (10):
  Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/shr/gnutoo/shr-alsa-distro-feature' in
  packagegroup-base: bump PRINC to pick alsa from DISTRO_FEATURES
  shr-settings: bump SRCREV for fix from [SHR #2069]
  meta-shr: rename xserver-xorg bbappend to match new version
  shr: prefer qt 4.8.3
  numptyphysics: use cp instead of mv to make do_configure reentrant

Simon Busch (2):
  meta-samsung: linux-samsung-tuna: use new 3.0.46 based version
  alsa-ucm-conf: use public repository instead of old private one

Changelog for meta-micro:

Changelog for meta-slugos:

Changelog for meta-nslu2:

Changelog for meta-intel:

Kishore Bodke (1):
  meta-crystalforest: Update SRCREV for meta.

Nitin A Kamble (6):
  chiefriver: update kernel repo srcrevs
  crownbay: update kernel repo srcrevs
  emenlow: update kernel repo srcrevs
  jasperforest: update kernel repo srcrevs
  sugarbay: update kernel repo srcrevs
  mesa-dri.bbappend: avoid buildtime warnings

Paul Eggleton (1):
  ffmpeg: set LICENSE_FLAGS

Rahul Saxena (3):
  meta-cedartrail: Update README with product name and state Gfx acceleration
  meta-cedartrail: Fix package naming issue
  meta-cedartrail: Add development packages to pvr driver recipe

Ross Burton (2):
  cedartrail: add missing gst-va-intel-vaapi machine feature
  gstreamer-vaapi: upgrade to 0.3.8, and remove ffmpeg dependencies

Changelog for meta-handheld:

Changelog for meta-opie:

Changelog for openembedded:

Changelog for meta-bug:

Changelog for meta-efikamx:

Changelog for meta-gumstix:

Changelog for meta-ettus:

Changelog for meta-fsl-ppc:

Matthew McClintock (1):
  hypervisor_git.bb: initial add of embedded-hv to public layer

Zhenhua Luo (1):
  hypervisor: add missing space character for PACKAGES_prepend

Changelog for meta-igep:

Changelog for meta-netbookpro:

Changelog for meta-xilinx:

Changelog for meta-chicken:

Changelog for meta-java:

Henning Heinold (2):
  jamvm: update git version
  openjdk: update to version 1.11.5

Jan Luebbe (1):
  classpath: avoid picking up gmp.h from the host

Changelog for meta-qt3:

Richard Purdie (1):
  qt-x11-free-native: Improve LICENSE field to specify versions

Changelog for meta-telephony:

Changelog for meta-ti:

Franklin S. Cooper Jr (1):
  linux-am335x-3.2.0-psp04.06.00.08: Add PSP v04.06.00.08 of the Linux kernel

Hervé Fache (1):
  linux-omap4: update to 3.4 from GLP 1.6.6 release

Changelog for meta-angstrom:

Changelog for meta-browser:

Changelog for meta-mono:

Changelog for meta-raspberrypi:

Andrei Gherzan (4):
  libav: Align recipe version with meta-oe
  README: Minor tweaks
  libav: Remove patch and recipe as new version of libav works ok
  sdcard_image-rpi: Use the partition table as described in comments

Julian Scheel (5):
  rpi-config: update git revision.
  rpi-config: Add variable for overscan configuration.
  rpi-config: Add variables for overclocking options.
  README: Describe overscan option
  README: Describe overclocking options

Changelog for meta-kde:

Samuel Stirtzel (1):
  kde_exports: Clean up bbclass

Changelog for meta-yocto:

Paul Eggleton (1):
  local.conf.sample: add PATH to SSTATE_MIRRORS comments

Changelog for meta-webos:

Herb Kuta (8):
  Split off qmake and friends into a new qmake-webos-native
  pmlogdaemon: Add unshipped file to package
  Correct misconception as to when to inherit pkgconfig
  pmlogdaemon: Add unshipped file to package
  Make various improvements to recipes for Core OS components
  Make various improvements to recipes for service stub components
  Make various improvements to recipes for Core Apps components
  Make various improvements to recipes for Framework components

Keith Derrick (1):
  fbprogress(r1): correct errors in recipe

Kimmo Leppala (1):
  Smartkey-hun: Add service files to package

Mikko Levonmaa (1):
  Removed device specific hard coding from the qt4 recipe

Roger Stringer (1):
  Increment luna-sysmgr to latest tag 0.930

Susan Montooth (2):
  fbprogress: replace RDEPENDS with RDEPENDS_${PN}
  ptmalloc3: set PR

Changelog for meta-arago:

Denys Dmytriyenko (9):
  arago.conf: set distro name and version
  external-arago-sdk-toolchain: add recipe to package SDK bits of the toolchai
  task-arago-cross-canadian: add task for Canadian cross toolchain pieces in S
  task-arago-sdk-host-nativesdk: add task for host SDK tools
  tcmode-external-arago: prefer external toolchain for packaging SDK
  meta-toolchain-arago: add base recipe to produce a TI SDK 'devkit'
  arago.conf: put in knobs for setting SDK name, path and dir structure
  arago.conf: also build 32bit Pseudo on 64bit machines
  arago.conf: remove the workaround for STAGING_KERNEL_DIR

Changelog for meta-ivi:

Andrei Gherzan (74):
  usr-merge: Remove class as drop usr-merge
  usbutils: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  openssl: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  ncurses: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  tinylogin: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  bash: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  e2fsprogs: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  kmod: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  shadow: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  libgcc: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  libpam: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  util-linux: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  nfs-utils: Remove patch needed for the dropped usr-merge mechanism
  alsa-utils: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  busybox: Modify bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  eglibc-locale: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  eglibc: Modify bbappend as we dropped usr-merge and drop patch
  base-files: Modify bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  discovery-image: Drop usr-merge
  ivi-image: Drop usr-merge
  cassini-image: Remove image
  discovery-image: Use ivi-image.inc and PV = 2.0.2
  excalibur-image: Remove LICENSE as it is included in ivi-image.inc
  packagegroup-discovery-core-p1: Remove AudioManager as we have it in core-p1
  packagegroup-excalibur-core-p1: Remove AudioManager as we have it in core-p1
  systemd: Add bbappend to compile systemd without xz
  vexpressa9.conf: Set jpeg preferred provider
  packagegroup-discovery-core-p1.bb: Fix DESCRIPTION
  pulseaudio: Modify bbappend to drop usr-merge
  pulseaudio: Refactor bbappend and remove patch
  ofono: Use systemd_unitdir
  bluez4: Use systemd class from meta-oe/meta-systemd
  connman: Drop systemd related stuff as we use bbappend from meta-systemd
  ofono: Use systemd class from meta-oe/meta-systemd
  portmap: Move systemd service and modify description
  portmap: Modify bbappend to drop usr-merge and related patch
  portmap: Use systemd class from meta-oe/meta-systemd
  wpa-supplicant: Move systemd service in directory
  wpa-supplicant: Drop service and bbappend as we use bbappend from meta-syste
  busybox: hwclock is already packaged in a different package
  coreutils: Drop bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  dbus: Use default systemd_unitdir
  netbase: Remove v4.47 as we use the poky version
  netbase: Add bbappend to drop init scripts
  shadow-securetty: Refactor bbapend and add PRINC
  tcp-wrappers: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  layer-management: Refactor recipe, fix service and use systemd class
  openssh: Remove bbappend and other files as we those from meta-systemd
  pango: Remove recipe and use yocto version
  pango: Add bbappend to remove gnome-common dependency if non-GPLv3
  xserver-xf86-config: Remove recipe and use the one from poky
  xserver-xorg: Use systemd class from meta-oe/meta-systemd
  xserver-xorg: Remove workarounds as fixes are merged in poky
  linux-yocto: Remove PERFDEPENDS
  linux-yocto: Minor tweaks
  tiff: Remove xz dependency if non-GPLv3
  gst-plugins-base: Remove bbappend
  gst-plugins-good: Remove dependencies in a clean way
  acl: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  attr: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  consolekit: Replace recipe with append
  ecryptfs-utils: Use systemd class from meta-oe/meta-systemd
  fuse: Remove recipe in the favor the one from meta-oe
  libcap: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  libusb1: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  libusb-compat: Remove bbappend as we dropped usr-merge
  base-files: Remove bbappend - we don't need a custom fstab right now
  Remove yocto-ivi-perms.txt and reference to it
  README.md: Update README with meta-oe changes
  Drop dev/dbg from packagegroups as those are added in packagegroup class
  Convert recipes names to lowercase
  xserver-xorg: Align bbappend version with poky
  README.md: Fix poky SHA
  base-files: Add custom fstab to remove /var/volatile mountpoint

Florin Sarbu (3):
  README.md: Small additions to correct meta-openembedded dependency and add e
  README.md: sha changes
  README.md: sha update

Holger Behrens (2):
  excalibur-image: prepare 3.0.0
  poky-ivi-systemd.conf: update DISTRO_VERSION

Changelog for meta-systemd:

Changelog for meta-guacamayo: