[oe] [OE-core] [RFC] OpenGL packaging/staging policy

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Mon Oct 22 17:33:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
> Rule 1.  Unambiguous package naming
>
> Debian-style renaming and multiple providers of the same API doesn't
> work as you'll end up with multiple packages in the same feed called
> libgl1, so all GL packages should be named in the style of libgl-foo,
> where foo is the source of the package.  I've got a branch where this
> is implemented for Mesa as a proof of concept[1], and the Python
> fragment could easily be moved into a class and re-used easily.

It would be nice to also have a common SoC arch so the binaries are
clear not allarch but not rebuild for every board.

For example in iMX53 and iMX51 case they share same GL package set and
we could have a armv7-imx5 or so common to all them so we'd not
rebuild it for every board.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br