[oe] [meta-browser] Question regarding status of chromium recipes

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Thu Oct 25 18:01:00 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I'm wondering if the chromium recipes in this layer have ever been
build tested. As far as I can tell, both 19 and 20 are missing
dependencies on udev (libudev), gtk+, and gconf, and 20 also wants the
openssl headers. 19 also fails due to an attempt to build/link a
native tool requiring libxi, so it seems it can't be built without x11
headers on the build machine (along with the odd ld.gold requirement).
 Given these issues, I figured I'd throw out a contact email and try
to determine if perhaps the OSSystems folks have local changes that
never made it into the public layer, or if the recipes just didn't get
a great deal of testing.

Thanks, I'd appreciate any input on their status :)
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com