[oe] [meta-browser] Question regarding status of chromium recipes

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli gnutoo at no-log.org
Tue Oct 30 11:04:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 11:01:00 -0700
Chris Larson <clarson at kergoth.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if the chromium recipes in this layer have ever been
> build tested.
I rebuilt from scratch locally the SHR packages and images some days
ago, that included chromium....
And it produced 3 ipk:
chromium_19.0.1049.3-r1_armv7a-vfp-neon.ipk
chromium-dbg_19.0.1049.3-r1_armv7a-vfp-neon.ipk
chromium-dev_19.0.1049.3-r1_armv7a-vfp-neon.ipk

I then installed them with opkg install that fetch it from my local
feed.

I tested a bit youtube in html5 and it worked fine...(I had to create a
non-root account to make chromium start tough).

Patches for fixing the issues you have are welcome.

Denis.