[oe] XBMC build for Raspberry Pi

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 15:12:12 UTC 2012

Ok, so I'm delving in a little over my head here but you've got to start
somewhere, right ;)

I'm trying to build XBMC for the Raspberry Pi and have run into the
following error which I don't know how to fix:

configure: error: in
`/home/jack/Projects/poky-rasp/raspberry/tmp/work/armv6-vfp-poky-linux-gnueabi/xbmc-11.0-r14+gitr1+5ea1d22052f4b6a13a10b1f2e80c90abfcd6023b/git':
configure: error:
   Could not link test program to Python. Maybe the main Python library
has been
   installed in some non-standard library path. If so, pass it to configure,
   via the LDFLAGS environment variable.
   Example: ./configure LDFLAGS="-L/usr/non-standard-path/python/lib"
    ERROR!
    You probably have to install the development version of the Python
package
    for your distribution.  The exact name of this package varies among
them.

Adding python-dev to DEPENDS seems to be a bit extreme, or is there
another way around this?

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)
   Embedded Systems Engineer
   http://www.embed.me.uk