[oe] linux-firmware

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Sep 7 14:45:04 UTC 2012

On Friday 07 September 2012 16:35:45 Sander van Grieken wrote:
> On 09/07/2012 04:20 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > We should always be including the license file if present I believe.
> >
> > As for the package splitting I would advocate some kind of automated
> > splitting using do_split_packages rather than manually packaging
> > everything if we can>
> > avoid it. FYI I wrote something about the use of this here:
> >   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Handling_optional_module_packaging
> >

> Ok thanks, that looks promising. Although the requirement 'Must
> include %s' would mean that the naming follows firmware, and probably
> serious regexp juggling is needed if you want to match a list of
> firmware files for a single package.

I haven't looked closely at the structure of the firmware repo, but depending
on that it could make things tricky yes. You only have to make sure that the
first item in the regex (enclosed in parentheses) matches the name you want for
the package, though. It's also possible to add additional files either with
aux_files_pattern/aux_files_pattern_verbatim or on an individual basis using
FILES_packagename += "path/to/file".

Cheers,
Paul

--