[oe] minimal template layer for new machine support

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Mon Sep 10 17:12:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm working on a TI DM812x support overlay.
I guess what it comes down to is a new kernel recipe (based on TI's
sources) and this funny two stage u-boot.
I think I can write the recipes. But what I don't quite see is how I
would add a new supported machine in the first place?
I was trying to orient myself on a few existing machine support layers.
But I think I'm still missing the point.
What are the minimal basics to implement? Where should I start?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers
  Tilman