[oe] minimal template layer for new machine support

Andrea Galbusera gizero at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:48:22 UTC 2012

Hi Tilman,

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Tilman Baumann <tilman at baumann.name> wrote:
> On 11/09/12 05:49, Khem Raj wrote:
>>
>> On (10/09/12 18:12), Tilman Baumann wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm working on a TI DM812x support overlay.
>>> I guess what it comes down to is a new kernel recipe (based on TI's
>>> sources) and this funny two stage u-boot.
>>> I think I can write the recipes. But what I don't quite see is how I
>>> would add a new supported machine in the first place?
>>> I was trying to orient myself on a few existing machine support
>>> layers. But I think I'm still missing the point.
>>> What are the minimal basics to implement? Where should I start?
>>
>> check meta-ti
>> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-ti/
>>
>> may be there is a BSP already or something similar you can start off.
>>

> Oh, great. I think I can work with that.
> I only knew the Arago project, but that is not based on oe-core.

As far as I know, there also exists an effort by the meta-ti people to
port the original Arago distro to the new layered architecture over
oe-core: this is called meta-arago
(http://arago-project.org/git/?p=meta-arago.git;a=summary).
You'd better ask on the meta-ti list what the state of the art is for
this project, but I think it is supposed to work with meta-ti and
provide an alternative distro layer to Angstrom.