[oe] [meta-systemd] base-files and systemd services

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Fri Sep 14 16:03:52 UTC 2012

On 9/14/12 6:47 AM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 10:16:44AM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
>> Good Morning,
>>

>> a.) Use a tempfiles.d/volatile.conf to create these directories?
>
> this does not work due the implementation of systemd-tmpfiles. It might
> or might not (depending on the hash of the dir to be created) create the
> /var/volatile/tmp dir before it creates /var/log/tmp/wtmp. I will have
> to patch the tmp.conf.
>
>> b.) Install initscripts in my systemd image?
>> c.) ???

I'd suggest two possible fixes, the first is somewhat "obvious" to me.  Fix the
setup/initialization scripts to make sure /var/volatile is setup/mounted before
systemd starts doing it's stuff....

But the alternative (if that is not reasonable or possible), create a custom
"fs-perms.txt" to describe a functional filesystem layout for a systemd based
configuration.  (This can be carried in the systemd layer.)

--Mark