[oe] Error: min. I/O unit was not specified (use -h for help) during do_rootfs

R U Local roystonvasey at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Sep 20 23:05:29 UTC 2012

Dear List,
I'm working on a Pandaboard using oe-core as my build system which was setup from Angstrom scripts.
The last full image build I made was a few months ago. Since then I've just been working on application code and building packages.

I'm now trying to rebuild an image and am getting an error that I need help with.
I've cleared out the build directory and re-built everything from scratch but still get the error during do_rootfs.

| ./boot/uImage
| Error: min. I/O unit was not specified (use -h for help)

I wound everything back to just build the console-image.
I get the same error regardless of which image I build.
I think something has changed during the one of the updates.

I'd appreciate any help or pointers to track down the problem.

Cheers Mike.