[oe] [OE-core] New OE layer index now available

Joe MacDonald Joe.MacDonald at windriver.com
Mon Apr 1 10:47:59 UTC 2013

[[OE-core] New OE layer index now available] On 13.03.29 (Fri 21:34) Paul Eggleton wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> There is a new index for OpenEmbedded layers available here:
>
>   http://layers.openembedded.org
>
> It can be used to browse and search for existing layers, as well as the
> recipes and machines contained within them. In addition to the short
> description, repository location and usage link we were collecting in the
> existing wiki, we can now store information on maintainers, layer
> dependencies, and the associated mailing list, as well as a longer
> description. New layers can be submitted easily using a simple form which does
> not require a login.
>
> I've imported all the data from the existing index on the OE wiki and filled
> in the blanks by hand - please check the entries for your layers and if I've
> missed anything or entered something incorrectly, please let me know (reply
> off-list) and I'll fix it; alternatively if you're already listed as the
> maintainer of a layer you can create an account with the same email address
> and you'll be able to edit the entry yourself at any time.
>
> The index also supports multiple branches, but for the moment there is only a
> master branch configured as I'd like to have people check the layer data before
> adding the additional stable branches (danny and denzil).
>
> Feedback on the new site is welcome. The code is also available in case you
> want to take a look / improve something - see the TODO file for possible future
> improvements:
>
>   http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/layerindex-web/
>
> Once people have had a chance to give feedback I'll replace the content of the
> existing OE wiki page with a link to the new index.

I like it, though I have a couple of questions about the accounts
themselves.

   - Any chance we could have them connected (or use the same
     credentials as) the patchworks ones?

   - If not, what options can we set on accounts?  Right now I just see
     "log out" and "change password".  Both pretty important, but I'd
     also like to add alternate email addresses, for example, since I
     use two quite regularly and update meta-networking from both.

--
-Joe MacDonald.
:wq