[oe] [OE-core] New OE layer index now available

Joe MacDonald Joe.MacDonald at windriver.com
Mon Apr 1 13:06:00 UTC 2013

[Re: [OE-core] New OE layer index now available] On 13.04.01 (Mon 12:57) Paul Eggleton wrote:

> On Monday 01 April 2013 06:47:59 Joe MacDonald wrote:
> > I like it, though I have a couple of questions about the accounts
> > themselves.
> >
> >    - Any chance we could have them connected (or use the same
> >      credentials as) the patchworks ones?
>
> Seems like they are both based on Django so I guess it would be possible; the
> only impediment (assuming there was no Django version mismatch) would be that
> patchwork is currently on different infrastructure.

Okay, that's sort of what I figured, but I thought I'd ask anyway.  I
would love it as a layer maintainer to have a single dashboard I could
log into and get the whole view.  It may be that this is something I
rarely use anyway, though, in comparison to patchworks, so the effort of
connecting these two pieces isn't worth it.

> >    - If not, what options can we set on accounts?  Right now I just see
> >      "log out" and "change password".  Both pretty important, but I'd
> >      also like to add alternate email addresses, for example, since I
> >      use two quite regularly and update meta-networking from both.
>
> There's no alternate email address field; one could be added I suppose but the
> question is, how would you like this to be used within the index?

I don't know?  :-)  Honestly, not really all that sure what I'm looking
at here, but I'm thinking that if making updates in the interface to
layer information is tied to an email address, it'd be convenient for me
to log in as one username and have both my common email addresses
associated with it (with one being the primary, I guess).  Or to have
the ability to change the email address as necessary.

--
-Joe MacDonald.
:wq