[oe] Finding out the IMAGE_BASENAME of the image beeing built

Takeshi Hamasaki hmatrjp at users.sourceforge.jp
Mon Apr 1 13:09:20 UTC 2013

Hi Ulf,

I couldn't find the reason your recipe is stand alone,
because it doesn't generate image by itself. Does it?

My idea is written under the quote. How is it?

Let me go back to your question in first mail.

2013/3/30 Ulf Samuelsson <openembedded at emagii.com>:
> Trying create a programming script recipe and need to find out the
> IMAGE_BASENAME of the bitbake target
> so I can get the filename of the image
>
> ${MACHINE}-${IMAGE_BASENAME}.ubi
>
> I.E: if I do
>
> $ MACHINE=beagleboard  bitbake some-image
>
> and "some-image_1.0.bb" contains
>
> IMAGE_BASENAME = "renamed-image"
>
> Then the resulting image will be
>
>     "beagleboard-renamed-image.ubi"
>
> How get this info from another recipe?

----  your-image.bb ---- from here ----
include some-image.bb

 ((( use  ${IMAGE_BASENAME} and ${MACHINE} for your process )))

 ((( after that, redefine IMAGE_BASENAME and other variables if necessary. )))

---- your-image.bb ---- to here ----

--
Takeshi Hamasaki