[oe] meta-browser: had difficulty compiling chromium and want to verify it is working

Jason Kridner jkridner at beagleboard.org
Thu Apr 4 21:05:42 UTC 2013

I was able to build it, but I'm a bit concerned about the dependency
on the host environment.  Perhaps it is OK, but I don't know enough to
confirm. It seems to me that the host tools should be built in a
native package outside of the target recipe.  They might be, but that
isn't what the behavior appeared to be.

I'm following the build instructions for Angstrom [1] on an Ubuntu
12.10 configured on EC2 using an Ubuntu cloud-init script [2].

My first build error [log.do_compile.28786 attached] was related to
missing some header files.  I moved passed the error by performing
"sudo apt-get install libc6-dev-i386", but it doesn't make sense to me
that there is a dependency on these local headers.  It gives me some
thoughts that the builds are not reference the right headers and make
configurations throughout.

My next build error [log.do_compile.30734 attached] seems to be at
link-time with some host C++ libraries.  I moved passed this error by
performing "sudo apt-get install g++-multilib libxi-dev" and was able
to generate packages.

[1] http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom
[2] https://github.com/jadonk/validation-scripts/blob/master/ec2-build/build-angstrom.txt