[oe] why does gupnp depends on gnome-icon-theme?

Nicolas Dechesne ndec13 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 13:12:41 UTC 2013

hi there,

i have noticed that gupnp (in meta-multimedia/recipes-connectivity)
depends on gnome-icon-theme, and I don't really understand why, see

http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-multimedia/recipes-connectivity/gupnp/gupnp.inc#n5

i was able to build an image with gupnp even after patching DEPENDS to
get rid of the dependency, and the main concern with this dependency
is that it brings:

RRECOMMENDS_${PN} = "librsvg-gtk"
and as such attempts to build gtk+, while I am trying to make a
directfb image without GTK.

so, is there any specific reason why there is such a dependency?

thanks!

nicolas