[oe] dropbear

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Apr 10 14:47:09 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 10 April 2013 16:37:33 Jaap de Jong wrote:
> On 04/10/2013 04:04 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > On Wednesday 10 April 2013 14:55:02 Jaap de Jong wrote:
> >> dropbear 2013.56 is currently the most recent version.
> >> Although not documented, they left out the functionality patched in with
> >> allow-nopw.patch in the 2013.56 release.
> >
> > How did you find this out?
>
> the patch fails and inspection of the code learns that it can't be applied.

Ah right - to explain what has happened, I developed a new patch to change
dropbear so that the functionality is now controlled through a command-line
switch, and that is now configured in the image using a script in
/etc/default/; if you look at the dropbear recipe in master you can see how it
works. This avoids the need to rebuild dropbear depending upon the value of
IMAGE_FEATURES which was not really ideal.

If you want to use the latest version of dropbear with an older branch I'd
suggest just taking the dropbear recipe in master, removing the nopw-option
patch (which has been applied).

Cheers,
Paul

--