[oe] udev problem during boot - Angstrom - Atmel SAM9

Paolo Verzola paolo.verzola at laurasapiens.com
Mon Apr 15 13:39:26 UTC 2013

Hello guys. I'm working on a custom board based on Atmel SAM9 processor
with Angstrom Linux distribution. The actual kernel is 2.6.39 (with
atmel overlayer).

Since a few days I'm trying to solve a problem that I have on startup.
In practice, about 3 times out of 10 I get the following message during
startup:
/
udevadm settle - timeout of 8 seconds Reached, the event queue contains: //
//   / sys/devices/platform/atmel_mci.0/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:
0002/block/mmcblk0/mmcblk0p1 (503) //
/
At this point there are three cases:
- The boot of the system continues;
- The boot hangs and I have to give a ctrl-C to continue booting;
- The boot hangs and only a reset can reboot the system;

In the firs two cases, if I try to mount a sd card with the following
command:

mount-t vfat /dev/mmcblk0p1 /media/card

the system hangs and I can only reset.

Any idea?