[oe] openldap and icu

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Thu Apr 18 21:11:16 UTC 2013

Hi

As one of our Linaro builds failed in nasty way I decided to take a look
and discovered something ugly.

bitbake -ccleansstate openldap
bitbake icu
bitbake openldap
rm -rf TMPDIR
bitbake openldap

99% that it will fail...

Where the problem is? in openldap sources: build/openldap.m4 has this:

-----
dnl International Components for Unicode (ICU)
AC_DEFUN([OL_ICU],
[ol_icu=no
AC_CHECK_HEADERS( unicode/utypes.h )
if test $ac_cv_header_unicode_utypes_h = yes ; then
	dnl OL_ICULIBS="-licui18n -licuuc -licudata"
	OL_ICULIBS="-licuuc -licudata"

	AC_CACHE_CHECK([for ICU libraries], [ol_cv_lib_icu], [
		ol_LIBS="$LIBS"
		LIBS="$OL_ICULIBS $LIBS"
		AC_LINK_IFELSE([AC_LANG_PROGRAM([[
#include <unicode/utypes.h>
]], [[
(void) u_errorName(0);
]])],[ol_cv_lib_icu=yes],[ol_cv_lib_icu=no])
		LIBS="$ol_LIBS"
])

	if test $ol_cv_lib_icu != no ; then
		ol_icu="$OL_ICULIBS"
		AC_DEFINE(HAVE_ICU,1,[define if you actually have ICU])
	fi
fi
])
-----

which is called by configure.in:

-----
dnl International Components for Unicode
OL_ICU
if test "$ol_icu" = no ; then
	AC_MSG_WARN([ICU not available])
else
	ICU_LIBS="$ol_icu"
fi
-----

Now the question is: will we kill ICU dependency or will we add it into
build dependencies?