[oe] Matchbox Panel usage

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Apr 26 14:22:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm currently porting the Matchbox Panel to GTK+ 3 and thinking about
cleaning up the options and panel size handling.  The current code is
rather complex and could do with some sanity.  My idea was to reduce
the options down to:

1) put the panel in the titlebar (assuming Matchbox WM and a suitable
theme), as Sato does
2) put the panel on a specified screen border, with a specified
"height", and either a specified width or expand to fill that border

I'm putting "width" and "height" in quotes as for a panel on the left
or right edge, "height" would be the physical width.  Maybe those
should be renamed "depth" and "length" to avoid confusion.

So, anyone is using the Matchbox panel, please speak up with your
usage.  As far a I know everyone either puts it in the MBWM titlebar
or full width along the top/bottom, but I want to be sure!

Cheers,
Ross