[oe] Building a MinGW SDK

Francois Retief fgretief at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 19:52:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have been struggling for the last week trying to get a MinGW based SDK
going.

After a long struggle I found that the PREFERRED_PROVIDER for libc-for-gcc
had to change:

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/nativesdk-${SDK_PREFIX}libc-for-gcc ?=
"nativesdk-mingw-w64-runtime"

I am now at a point where the libc-for-gcc is compiled using the
mingw-w32-crt files, but I am don't know the exact path were OpenEmbedded
want's the libc-for-gcc libraries to go.

Using the i586-linux SDK as reference, it looks like it should be in

${TMPDIR}/sysroots/x86_64-nativesdk-oesdk-mingw32/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-oesdk-mingw32

But the gcc does not pick up the crtbegin.o/crtend.o files from there when
building the libgcc library.

Has anyone experience setting up GCC for a SDK under OpenEmbedded?

I really need some advice.

Cheers
  Francois