[oe] parsing errors with angstrom/meta-linaro

Riku Voipio riku.voipio at linaro.org
Fri Aug 9 06:51:31 UTC 2013

Hi,

The problem is that git.linaro.org is not providing good service and
often fails to respond to git requests. When bitbake fails to fetch
the latest git, it is unable to expand AUTOREV, and throws in the
towel. You can reproduce the issue easily with any recipe that has a
git:// url and AUTOREV by disconnecting the OE build machine from the
network.

Could we make AUTOREV to expand to latest version found from
downloads/git2 in case the git fetch fails?

Riku