[oe] what sources are *not* fetched by a "-c fetchall"?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Aug 11 11:41:32 UTC 2013

On Sun, 11 Aug 2013, Richard Purdie wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-08-09 at 12:46 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   currently testing a build for my beaglebone black using the meta-ti
> > layer and, as i am wont to do, i did a:
> >
> >   $ bitbake -c fetchall core-image-minimal
> >
> > to (allegedly) fetch everything i would need for such a build.
> >
> >   at that point, i did:
> >
> >   $ bitbake core-image-minimal
> >
> > and while this is running, i can see more source tarballs being pulled
> > into the downloads directory -- examples:
> >
> >   * file-5.13.tar.gz
> >   * icu4c-50_1_2-src.tgz
> >   * mklibs_0.1.34.tar.gz
> >   * pcre-8.32.tar.bz2
> >
> > and perhaps more since the build is not yet done.
> >
> >   what is it about these particular packages that doesn't fall under
> > the regular fetching from "-c fetchall"?
>
> Which version of bitbake and the metadata was this with? There were
> some issues fixed in that area fairly recently if I remember
> rightly.

  hmmmm ... apparently, that issue has gone away with the absolutely
latest bitbake. i believe i was using the "dylan" branch before, and
just tried again with "master" and now everything is being fetched
properly.

  so, just to be clear, *theoretically*, if i do a "fetchall", that
should fetch *all* sources necessary for the corresponding build,
correct?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca